APS Digitization/APS Scanning
At ScanCorner, we scan your APS films into high quality digital formats and enhance the digital images manually. We charge just 45c per scan (inclusive GST). Price includes all services listed below
Dust and Scratch Removal
Manual Color Correction
How It Works
HHow It Works - In 3 simple steps
- Place order online, print the confirmation e-mail and ship negatives together with printout to our address. No need to do payment at this stage
- Once we receive your order we scan and restore your negatives, upload the JPEGs to the online gallery, the link to which is sent to you by e-mail and then transfer the high resolution images to DVD.
- We then raise invoice, you do the payment and we ship the DVD along with originals back to you.
The whole process takes about 6 weeks. After 3-4 weeks, a download link is available on request.
ScanCorner security standards (more>>)
- We have a succesful and reliable partnership with FedEx for all our logistical needs.
- All our PCs have data transfer restrictions to ensure maximum privacy to your photos and videos.
- End to end tracking system that helps us locate your order at every stage. If ever we should lose your order (for an order value of 100 AUD or more), we compensate your emotional loss with 500 AUD. However we have an impeccable track record. So far we haven't lost even a single image!
- We won't transfer the caption from the physical envelope to the digital folder. Instead we scan the caption and put it as first image in the digital folder.
- We scan the images in the same order as you send us. Each physical enevelope will become a digital folder.
- Each DVD contains multiple digital folders (P1, P2, P3,...) depending on the physical envelopes we receive.
- We digitize all the material we receive. If you want to get only selected images digitized, please sort them out before sending the order to us
How can I protect the privacy of the pictures I send in to ScanCorner?
The privacy and protection of your images is of central importance for us. To guarantee there is no misuse of your pictures and to protect your privacy, we have implemented a layered approach in terms of our facilities and processes. In addition to operational measures including the closure and monitoring of the scanning process through electronic devices we also prohibit the use of USB ports and Internet access at our scanning stations. Thus we can guarantee that your private memories are never read by third parties.
How long do you keep a copy of my pictures?
ScanCorner keeps a copy of your images for 1 month after the date of the order. If you lose the digital images, we can still retreive the image files for you during this period of time.
How much can I increase the size of my scanned images, e.g. to print?
Print quality is often defined as approximately 3000 dpi. This would mean that a negative scanned at 3000 dpi can easily be printed in the format as a 24x36cm photo and with the same quality. But we have already tested larger formats and it is possible to get poster prints of up to approx 50x70cm. It is true for slides and negatives that you can print images approximately twice as large as the originals on paper.
Why do you provide us with an online gallery?
Because it is convenient for you! If you want to view your images or simply share pictures with friends, you can easily do this with the gallery.